I was born to loving parents with an older sister and grew up in the Adelaide Hills town of Nairne, South Australia. I was afforded all the benefits that a small town upbringing provides. A strong sense of social justice was evident in my earliest years with my mother being advised by teachers of how I would support those at school who were bullied or isolated even if to my own detriment.
I wrote poems that were published in the local newspaper about the inhumanity and injustice of war in as early as the sixth grade. With a passion and talent for creativity and art afforded accolades at government house in my senior year, I commenced tertiary education in Advertising and Graphic Design. An accident (the Universe’s way of redirecting me) saw me leave the course to start and complete my Bachelor’s degree in Social Work.
I practiced as a Social Worker for many years mostly coupled with leadership and management positions across a range of sectors including: child protection, youth, alternative learning, disability, health, education, early childhood and sexual assault/abuse. I taught in tertiary education in the Youth and Community sectors, Managed and evaluated the state-wide ‘Keeping Them Safe’ Youth Sexual Assault and Abuse Counselling Service, coordinated a metropolitan youth chronic disease prevention initiative and developed and trained Health staff across South Australia in suicidal intervention protocols.
In 2010 with a state wide responsibility for managing a community development team, I felt a strong calling to return to my roots and practice therapeutically again, connecting with the people with whom I’d commenced my early career in mind. It was the return to counselling that led me into the energetic healing space and where I am today.
With increases in funding cuts and changes to government programs it was clear to me that I could no longer work in a space that was not in alignment with my ethics and values regarding best practice. Whilst there had been significant acknowledgment in psychology fields about the value of mindfulness practice, in Australian it is yet to significantly delve into the space of the spiritual and energy therapies that have been used within many indigenous cultures throughout the generations.
I am so very grateful to have been entrusted with the creation of Manifestation Divine and be sharing some of my greatest gifts supporting others to reach their potential through connecting mind, body and spirit.
I look forward to connecting with you, learning from you, assisting you on your path and you with mine…
- Bachelor of Social Work, 2000
- Certificate 4 in Workplace Assessment and Training
- Certificate 4 in Community Services
- Certificate in Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) – tapping
- Certificate in Spiritual, Intuitive Energetic Healing (including inner child rescue)
- Certificate in Access Consciousness TM ‘running the bars’
- Anthony Robbins – University Mastery: Unleash the Power Within (UPW), Life and Wealth Mastery Fiji, Date with Destiny training
- Introductory Certificate in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Introductory and Advanced Certificate in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Extensive Mindfulness training
- Advanced Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Certified Angel Card Reader – Doreen Virtue